Prev: Re: Couple of FT questions... Next: RE: I'm back. . .

I'm back. . .

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:00:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: I'm back. . .

OK, got in yesterday at about 0700 EST.  All body
parts still attached and in working order.  I'll be in
Virginia for two weeks, leaving on the 29th.

Much amused by the list archives. . . Seems I still
account for a hefty percentage of list traffic even
when gone.

Muahahaha.

Baltimore crowd:  E-mail me with a place and time to
go blow up some starships, but I'll need some loaner
ships.

While looking for how-to-sign-up directions, I got
sidetracked by exploring stargrunt.ca, your handy
one-stop SGII reference page (even if those Canadians
havn't added anything but pretty pictures since 18 Dec
2002) and I noticed that one of the
planned-not-executed items in the mailing list info is
a segment for bios of mailing list regulars (or at
least people newbies should be warned about).  It
might be amusing for someone to volunteer to collect
and coallate 'em, html-ize 'em, and maybe we could
persuade them lazy bums to put it up.  :)

In that vein, and realizing there are probably some
newbies wondering "who the heck is this loon and why
has his name been in the subject of half my mailing
list traffic for the past week," I submit mine:

NB:  This is probably a bad idea, and will generate a
flood of stuff off-topic like a mike-foxtrot.  So let
me say that it would be best if we could get a
volunteer to collect 'em via regular e-mail, not just
a bunch of folks posting 'em to the list.  I'd
volunteer, but I suck at HTML and besides, I'll be
way, way too drunk.

John M. Atkinson:  John is a US Army Combat Engineer
with at least four personalities (one of whom spends
much time in the closet), obsessive-compulsive
disorder, incipent alcoholism, and other undisclosed
mental problems.  Hobbies include posting outrageous
stuff on the GZG-List, then giggling maniacally.
Assume nothing he posts is completely serious unless
it is on the topic of combat engineering (and then
it's 50/50).  True loyalty is to the Roman (Not
Byzantine, Dammit!) Empire and he occasionally posts
as the Hand of the Sole Rightful Autocrat of Man.
John has been on the list since 22 APR 1998 and got
into his first shouting match later that week.	John
is currently stationed at Fort Hood, Texas, and
deployed to Tikrit, Iraq.  Webpage is at
http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/Rhomaioi.html

John

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

Prev: Re: Couple of FT questions... Next: RE: I'm back. . .