Prev: UNSC design Next: Re: UNSC design

RE: UNSC design

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:40:23 -0000
Subject: RE: UNSC design

I too favour a heavy defence philosophy for UNSC ships. Usually around
40%
hull on the larger classes, 30% on cruisers and escorts, screens rather
than
armour. My designs are tailored primarily to stand up against Human
rather
than Xenoc ships in the late Third Solar War/first Xenoc war period.
Good
active defences to deal with salvo missiles would seem likely, as would
good provision of fighter bays on capital classes. Pulse torps seem to
be
good weapons for UNSC vessels, but on larger ones I do favour a couple
of
class 4 beams in 3 arcs (but thats my own private fetish).

If this list has taught me one thing is that it is only sensible to
design
the vessel according to the movement system you use. If you use vector
movement then single arcs on heavy beams and torps make the most sense,
if
you use cinematic movement then multiple arcs on your heavy weapons is
probably the most sensible way to go. (I dearly hope I got that right,
the
last time I asked about this sort of thing I unintentionally ignited a
minor
flame war between some of the more learned memebers of the list, for
which I
apolgise).

There is a lot of extremely inspirational info regarding the UNSC on
Indys
FT site if you haven't checked that out already.

Colour wise I've always envisioned white hulls with light blue bits on
(the
usual modern UN clour scheme), but then again I figure paints schemes
for
any ship in the Tuffleyverse is down to the owner of the mini to decide
;-)

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: UNSC design Next: Re: UNSC design