Prev: FMA/Skirmish: Assault Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

Re: Full Metal Asgard

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:31:32 +0000
Subject: Re: Full Metal Asgard

Ryan Gill wrote:

> At 2:42 PM +0100 10/24/03, David Brewer wrote:
> >
> >(quote)
> >Kopsch explained that the teflon coating, which a host of media
> >and lawmakers alleged was the key to penetrating body armor,
> >served one purpose. It helped bullets go through smooth surfaces,
> >like windshields and car doors, especially at oblique angles. The
> >former Army medical officer likened it to the teflon tip of a
> >walking stick. It simply grabs better.
> >

> It sounds like any kind of softer metal would work just like the soft
> cap on AT tank rounds from WWII

Well, that's what I said, but you snipped that bit off. The
inventor certainly thinks that teflon is the business.

FWIW, the P90 shoots bullets made partially from aluminium.

--
David Brewer

"The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific
Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of
facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

Prev: FMA/Skirmish: Assault Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions