Prev: RE: Pirate Havens in the GZG-verse Next: Re: Pirate Havens in the GZG-verse

Re: Anyone know anything about gaming in Kiel, Germany?

From: "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@v...>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:41:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Anyone know anything about gaming in Kiel, Germany?

----- Original Message -----
From: "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 12:58 PM

States
> > sometimes...
> >
> > Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Hello Noel
>
> I live in Hamburg, which is a good hour's drive from Kiel and also
> accessible by train  Perhaps we can arrange something. When exactly
will
you
> be in Kiel ?

I arrive November 10 (in Hamburg, btw, and we are driving up) and will
staying through 2 weeks. I hope to squeeze some spare time out. I am
gone to
Mexico until the 7th, so thought I should ask early. :)

> There are various gamers in Denmark, and I remember somebody in
> Flensburg.Will see if I can dig their out something about them.
>
> I don't know about gaming shops in Kiel. Hamburg has several, there
are
> shops in Lübeck and Husum, within reasonable distance from Kiel, but
they
> are mostly oriented to fantasy/SF including GW games. Little
historical or
> GZG material.

Thankfully, I paint all sorts. :)

> There should be some interesting places to visit. Laboe, a suburb of
Kiel,
> has a Navy Museum with an original WWII U-boat. Schleswig has a good
> historical Museum and an excellent Viking Museum at nearby Haithabu.
> Historical Lübeck is worth a visit, as is Hamburg. Munster, south of
> Hamburg, has the German Panzer Museum

Yes, I was aware of some of the historical sites, and they are on the
list
too. I hope I get to some of it.

> Greetings
> Karl Heinz

Thank you.

Prev: RE: Pirate Havens in the GZG-verse Next: Re: Pirate Havens in the GZG-verse