Prev: Pirate Havens in FT Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

Re: Superheavy tank conversions

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:17:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

As compared to, say, most GW stuff, which makes WWI
tanks look modern....

Anyway, back to the issue at hand.  I checked the
hobby store.  They had a bunch of Roco, as well as
some HO stuff similar to Roco by companies called
Premo (Not made by them, imported from eastern
Europe), Trident, and PReiser, as well as 1/72 stuff
from Revell, Hasegawa, and Matchbox.  No Modern
Sov/Russian, but lots of WW2 stuff all sides,
including sov, as well as modern western bloc.

So anyway, I asked to see their catalog, and it turns
out Roco does NOT make modern Soviet/former Soviet
(apparently the gulags and collectives don't make for
popular model railroading scenery....).  However, Both
Trident and a company called Boley DO.	You'll find
them in most hobby stores' HO railroading catalogs
under Military (Back of the book).

--- staremu <star_emu@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You've done this?  I'd love to see it if it's been
> done.  T-34s are
> everywhere but the body featurees always struck me
> as waaaaayyy to WW2 for
> converting to sci-fi.
>
> Eli

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Pirate Havens in FT Next: Re: Superheavy tank conversions