Prev: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship Next: Re: [FS] Starship minis for Star Trek, Space Fleet, Silent Death

Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship

From: Alderfek@a...
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:19:12 EDT
Subject: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship

In a message dated 10/20/03 6:57:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
greywanderer987@yahoo.com writes:

> I'm not a big fan of true 6mm dropship minis.  Because
> they're in scale to the other figs, they tend to hog
> WAY too much groundscale for my tastes.  What I prefer
> is to use Miniatures that look like dropships, but are
> too SMALL compared to my tanks etc.  I figure the
> tanks aren't in scale to the terrain, why bother
> making the ships in scale to the tanks?  of course, I
> have a different esthetic sensibility than others, so
> YMMV.

My preference is against true 6mm also. As stated, it takes up too much
room.
As of late I have been going with the Battleforce 2 scale of 1 hex
equals 90
meters. This works out really well since I use a lot of Micro Machine
dropships(Aliens, Starship Troopers) for my DS's. The new DS's from IWM
also work well
at this scale.

Kirk

BSA Pack 23 & Troop 23 Rockmart/Aragon, Ga.
Mechanical Designer
Wargamer

"Who touches a boy by the Master's plan
Is shaping the course of a future man,
Is dealing with one who is living seed
And may be a man whom the world will need. "

Prev: Re: Old Crow new 6mm Dropship Next: Re: [FS] Starship minis for Star Trek, Space Fleet, Silent Death