Prev: Re: [Full Metal Atkinson] Next: RE: [semi-OT] extrasolar planets - where are the kra'vak??

Re: [semi-OT] extrasolar planets - where are the kra'vak??

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 18:26:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [semi-OT] extrasolar planets - where are the kra'vak??

Combining work and hobby, not as exciting as the idea suggests...

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.

Gracias,
Glenn

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:27:58 +1100 <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> writes:
>G'day,
>
>> Further down the road (my estimation ~50 years...
>> they can (or should) be able to pick out Earth-like terrestrial
>> planets ...~11 to just shy of 50 lightyears out.
>>
>> So, with this techonology in the early/mid-21st century, why hasn't
>> humanity detected the Kra'Vak homeworld already??  ;-)
>
>a) because the funding go cut and they only covered the northern
>hemisphere sky and the Kra'Vak homeworld is in the south...
>b) the Kra'Vak homeworld is 52 light years away ;P
>
>And if anyone really wants me to describe the intricacies of soil
>bacterial processes I can... it may be a good cure for insomniacs in
>the audience ;)
>
>Love the idea of an ocean planet by the way too! Indy are they putting
>abstracts from the conference up anywhere or are the papers going in a
>symposium journal edition anywhere?
>
>Thanks
>
>Beth

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [Full Metal Atkinson] Next: RE: [semi-OT] extrasolar planets - where are the kra'vak??