Prev: RE: Fw: Mid-Tour Leave! Next: FYI: A Suprisingly Good Sci-Fi Book

Re: [FT] Battlefield set-up

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:00:32 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Battlefield set-up

Laserlight wrote:

[Only in Cinematic]

>One of the comments was:
> > would like it even better if you could split the fleet into
> > independent squadrons which roll separately.
>
>And it appears, from other comments that I've heard, that "Mass your
>forces into one big fist and bash away" is a favored tactic.	I can
>see why that would be efficient and popular, as splitting your forces
>invites defeat in detail.  But are there tactics for which you would
>enter the board with your forces split?

Yes, definitely. On a large table, if I split up and you form your
non-KV
force into one big fist the only way for you to stop me parking at least

half of my fleet in your (A) arc is to bring your entire fleet to a full

stop to spin in place... which either gives me a very good hit prob for
any
missiles (or, god forbid, waveguns/nova cannon) I have, or results in a
Mexican stand-off where you lose if you attempt to move.

KV can turn around fast enough to keep their (A) arcs clear, though :-)

Later,

Oerjan

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Fw: Mid-Tour Leave! Next: FYI: A Suprisingly Good Sci-Fi Book