Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:55:59 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:42:00 -0400 "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

>> I saw "The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye" and thought there might be a
THIRD Mote book I hadn't read. Unfortunately, "The Moat..." turns out
to be the book published as "The Gripping Hand" here in the States.
Drat! :-) <

What I'd like to read is the "lost" chapters from TMiGE (which, BTW,
Niven wanted to call "The Mote in Murcheson's Eye") featuring the
battle for New Chicago... It was cut for space reasons (oh, frak!
Pardon the pun...) but it would have been entertaining to see the
MacArthur in action under Bruno Cziller.

> They do have a little space combat in some of teh Warworld books that
Dr Pournelle put out. <

Are they Empire/Mote books? Something to do with the Saurons?

Phil, who has a sort of semi-EoM fleet based heavily on the ESU stuff
with wings and BCs made from Warsaws and NAC BC/BB rear hulls...
Nothing bigger than a BC yet, though.
----
(Dr) P.A. Atcliffe
Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
University of the West of England, Bristol
Phone: +44 (0)117 344 2496
Fax:   +44 (0)117 344 3800
Email: Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk

Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1761