Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: FT-Weapons

Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:03:34 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names

Laserlight schrieb:
> > So explain to me why Damascus is a "city" and Medina is
> a "...major city..."?
> >
> > Are you thinking major (as in Holy) in meaning?
>
> Pretty much.	Madinah, Mekkah, Yerushalayim, maybe
> Riyadh, and I run  out at about that point.  One reason to give that
class
> of names to  CVA's, since there won't be many of them.

The concept could be slightly extended to include other cities of
religious, cultural and historical significance. Kairouan (Tunisia),
Fez (Morocco), Damascus, Baghdad (of the Caliphate), Timbuctoo,
Istambul, Cordoba, Granada (the latter two ready-made for conflict with
the FSE)

If you include Shiite Holy sites, you can add Kerbala, Najaf, Qom...

> > You could use names of 'historic personages' for some
> ship classes.
> The  Saddam [involuntary colonist carrier] for example...
>
> I thought about using the names of the Caliphs, and I
> could just make up some names as "the Heroes of the Revolution" but
I'm
> not happy with  that.  I also thought about angels--Jibrail, Mikail,
and
> so forth--but  I don't know how well that would go over with a
Muslim.

For ideas, check the actual names of Arab Navies at
http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/mideast/

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [FT] Islamic Fed Names Next: FT-Weapons