Prev: Re: FAO Jon(GZG) about SELWG.. It's here Next: Re: [FT] Campaign.

RE: [FT] Campaign.

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:40:25 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Campaign.

Is there a link to the rules?

Michael Brown

-----Original Message-----
From:	laserlight@quixnet.net
Sent:	Monday, October 06, 2003 10:19 AM
To:	gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
Subject:	[FT] Campaign.

Generally I'm pretty happy with Derek & Beth's "Just whose planet is
this
anyway" campaign rules, but one thing that bugs me is the concept that
everyone only has one planet to start, then you explode out across the
stars and find other planets with functional economies.  I'd much rather
start out with established territories, but the problem then becomes
"how
do you decide who gets what?"

And the answer, I think, is "Bid for them."  Let's say you start out
with
four players on a map with 17 stars.  Each player has a home star
(possibly
all have the *same* home star) plus a treasury with, say, 500 points.
Everyone writes down bids on each planet, and *regardless* of whether
you
win a bid, those points are spent.

Depending on what you want, you can say that the winning bid for each
planet has 100% of the planet, with an economy equal to what he bid
minus
the next highest bid.  For example, Islamic Fed bids 20 for Coronado,
and
Alarishi Empire bids 102.  The AE spends 102 for developing the planet
but
the economy runs at 82, and both the AE and IF have spent 20 points for
which they get no return.

Or, after all bids are in, all the bidders on a particular planet could
agree to share.  In our example The AE then gets 102 from the planet and
the IF gets 20.

Unused points can be added to the Naval Construction Fund.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: FAO Jon(GZG) about SELWG.. It's here Next: Re: [FT] Campaign.