Prev: RE: [FT] Jump Point Next: Re:[OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 08:05:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Matt Tope wrote:

> In reference to the partitioning of the USA into numerous smaller
nations I
> feel many of you are overlooking one small but vital geo-political
> fact...Ohio.
>
> What do I mean by Ohio? Only that during the summer I started to read
up on
> the ACW. My overriding impression of the conflict is that Ohioans
seems to
> be in the forefront of action, both as privates and as officers (I
believe
> both Grant and Sherman were Ohioans). In fact, it could be suggested
that
> without Ohio the Union would have been in very dire straits indeed!
This
> leads me to suspect that in the event of a break up of the US Ohio
would
> rapidly evolve into an Imperial state and conquer whom ever it wanted
> whenever it wanted.
>
> For the record, I am not an Ohioan. I have never been to Ohio. It is
all an
> unfounded rumour that I have been approached by the senator for Ohio
or the
> Ohioan tourist board...or by any elements of the Ohioan Imperial,
sorry, I
> mean National, Guard.

Being an Ohioan by birth and having spent more than half my life
growing up and living there, I can only admit to bias to the
suggested idea of Matt's.  :-)	 And as the state motto goes,
"Ohio is the heart of it all".	;-)

Mk

Prev: RE: [FT] Jump Point Next: Re:[OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,