Prev: Re:[OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re:[OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:04:04 +0100
Subject: Re:[OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

In reference to the partitioning of the USA into numerous smaller
nations I
feel many of you are overlooking one small but vital geo-political
fact...Ohio.

What do I mean by Ohio? Only that during the summer I started to read up
on
the ACW. My overriding impression of the conflict is that Ohioans seems
be in the forefront of action, both as privates and as officers (I
believe
both Grant and Sherman were Ohioans). In fact, it could be suggested
that
without Ohio the Union would have been in very dire straits indeed! This
leads me to suspect that in the event of a break up of the US Ohio would
rapidly evolve into an Imperial state and conquer whom ever it wanted
whenever it wanted.

For the record, I am not an Ohioan. I have never been to Ohio. It is all
an
unfounded rumour that I have been approached by the senator for Ohio or
the
Ohioan tourist board...or by any elements of the Ohioan Imperial, sorry,
mean National, Guard.

Regards,

Matt Tope