Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:09:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

> I've been [slowly] working on the Hawai`ian Free
> State (HFS),
> but it did not include Midway (too far away).

I envision a background in which the split-up of the
US is a lot less bloody than a Second Civil Wa (the
regional and factional conflicts come later), and the
initial mutual defense pact, while short-lived, does
provide for some of the states to be assisted in
holding slightly far-flung territories, such as Hawaii
and Midway, until such a point that these territorial
claims are well-established and the smaller countries
capable of holding them on their own.  Hawaii in my
background holds onto Midway for political and
cultural reasons, I haven't figured out yet how to
make it a viable holding economically or
strategically....

> Midway I'm not totally sure where they would fall.
> Perhaps as
> a military outpost of the NAC, perhaps as an
> acquisition of
> the OUDF or IJN. Not real sure, but the HFS probably
> wouldn't
> have the resources or military might to hold onto
> anything that
> far out. Possibly partway, on some of the smaller
> atolls, but
> probably not as far as Midway itself. I personally
> still see
> that as a NAC military installation, but...

... but as this is a discussion of a NAC-free non-Tuffleyverse.......

=====
"Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."   -- John A.
Hrastar

http://shopping.yahoo.com