Prev: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making, Next: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:45:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Free CalTex Interplanetary Federation in the making,

Brian B wrote:

> --- Jim Morrison <Ajax.Dive@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity, how have you reorganised
> > North America? I can think
> > of a few ways to do it but want to know how you've
> > gone for it.
>
> Some of these countries wouldn't survive if it weren't
> for a common defense pact that lasted the first 10
> years after the US and Canada disintegrated.	If any
> of our Canadian listmembers have suggestions for ways
> to modify the Canadian content below, please feel
> free.  From West to East:
> 1. Kingdom of Hawaii -- Hawaii, Midway

I've been [slowly] working on the Hawai`ian Free State (HFS),
but it did not include Midway (too far away). Most of the
islands in the South Pacific (including many of the current
U.S. territories elsewhere in the Pacific) would likely fall
under the umbrella of the Oceanic Union. Hawai`i, being far
enough from all groups, remains free and autonomous as the
NAC, IJN, and OUDF all watch each other to make sure none of
the other groups gets an upper hand in the politicking there.
Hawai`i itself doesn't feel as it is part of any of the groups,
but being multi-cultured, used them to play off each other so
it wasn't overrun in its early years of independence (which
occurred around the same time as the Free CalTex formed; because
it was so far removed from the mainland, mainland U.S. paid not
very much attention to it, as it was more focused on the resources
that the Free CalTex were taking with them.

Midway I'm not totally sure where they would fall. Perhaps as
a military outpost of the NAC, perhaps as an acquisition of
the OUDF or IJN. Not real sure, but the HFS probably wouldn't
have the resources or military might to hold onto anything that
far out. Possibly partway, on some of the smaller atolls, but
probably not as far as Midway itself. I personally still see
that as a NAC military installation, but...

Mk