Prev: Re: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons

RE: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:07:35 +1000
Subject: RE: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons

On Friday, September 05, 2003 10:04 AM, Jared Hilal
[SMTP:jlhilal@yahoo.com]
wrote:
> laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>
> >>B) the expected damage increases much faster with a K-gun (up to
class

> >6, tapers off for +) than with a standard battery.
> >
> >If you're including a factor for the area covered, I'm afraid I
didn't
see
> >it.
>
> <confused look> Huh?	What do you mean by "a factor for the area
> covered"?  These are all direct fire weapons, not area effect.

The math involved in play balance includes the arc of fire and the
range.
As a rough example, if you double the range, you have quadruple the
target
area where you can inflict damage against an opponent.	A weapon that
can't
be brought to bear on a target has a mass/points total of zero.

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: Re: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons Next: Re: B vs K was Re: Classed Weapons