Prev: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: RE: Ship Figs

RE: Ship Figs

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:19:52 -0500
Subject: RE: Ship Figs

> I found this web site:
>
> http://www.kallistra.co.uk/
>
> Can anyone comment from experience on the size/quality
> of these figures as compared to GZG figs?

Size-wise, they are similar. The Base ships are Superdreadnought size
and as
they get smaller, they are close but sometimes a size class off from a
comparable GZG mini.

Quality, I have some old ones from when this line was produced by
Pendraken,
so I can't comment on current casting quality, but design-wise, they are
OK
if you like the style.	There is no detail on the bottom of the ship and
they don't have the panel lines like the GZG minis.  The detail they do
have
is usually in the form of bits added here and there.

As was stated before, most ships in a fleet follow a very similar shape,
they just change in size and the number of bits on each.

Personally I have painted up the Altaran fleet and posted pics and stats
online:
http://www.star-ranger.com/Stuff/Altaran.htm
I like their agressive look and I get good comments from most people who
see
this fleet.  I gave them the background of a distant Kra'Vak clan.

I have the Quellaris fleet painted but no pics yet.  I do like how you
can
easily pick out the guns on the Space Dreadnought 3000 line and
highlight
them if you wish.

Plus I have the Tallascian fleet yet to paint and an Earth Empire Base
Ship.
I plan to fill out the Earth Empire fleet someday since you can never
have
enough massive triangular, star destroyer influenced ships in your
collection.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: RE: Ship Figs