Prev: Re: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-) Next: Re: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-)

Re: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-)

From: "Jalinth" <jalinth@k...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:37:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-)

Yippie! Almost a full digest of messages all becaws of me :-)
(Mmmm.... CAWS... There ARE rules for Full Auto Shotguns Right?)

I subscribe to the Digest, so I'm going to respond to everybody in one
message. First of all I am very happy at the quick and detailed
So a great big thank you to all. The URLs were very informative, as were
all
the other responses. Reminded me of why I've kept reading this list even
though I don't get a chance to play any of the games it discusses.

I think I will pick up the Rules at least. Even if I never play the
game,
they will be nice to have *Looks over to the stack of Alternity books
I've
used 4 times in 3 years that cost me $210 cdn over two years (at 50%
off)*

My first step will be to goto/call Nexus (the local gaming store) and
find
out if the have any stuff. I know they have/had a couple copies of Full
Thurst, Fleet Book 2 and More Thrust, but I'm not sure if they still
have
any minis or the
Stargrunt Rules.

If that fails I think I will order the Rules from the UK. Always best to
go
right to the source.

I'm in (or rather just outside) Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Anybody else
in
the Area?

Amen Brother ! :-) Also there is a triffle less Errata. I downloaded all
the
Codex  and Rules Errata. I just counted up the pages. Came to a total of
95
page. Thats 23 pages more then the whole SGII rule book.

>Also keep those Heavy Gear miniatures they make Power Armor/
Walkers...)

Hmmmm... Good Idea. The HGs are the old HO scale ones. I just checked
with a
15mm Redcoat. It came up to the knee on my Hunter. The Space Marine I
got
with
my $23 ticket to Gamesday came up to mid-chest level. I think they will
work
just fine.

>The main thing is SGII allows you (I'd say even encourages you) to form
>your on MTOs and kit bash to your harts content......)

I've been reading the list since at least 1998 (maybe 97, can't quite
remember), so I've kind of picked up on that little fact :-)

Aaron

PS. I'm now 19 and STILL have yet to "cuddle with Claudia" :-)