Prev: got my 15s... Next: Re: CinC

Re: Virus

From: "Robin Fitton" <robin@r...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:26:26 +0100
Subject: Re: Virus

My Company is blocking about a 1000 of them every 30 minutes. I am
having to upgrade the software and hardware on our Mimesweeper server to
be able to cope with all the checking and deletion required!

The other issue is the spoof problem.  We have some users with 80 or so
emails from Virus checking servers, informing us that we have a virus!
This is due to the fact that a web user with our details in the address
book is spoofing our the FROM field with our details... More SPAM!

Ouch.
Robin