Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems

Re:(FT) UNSC/Movement systems

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:21:38 +0100
Subject: Re:(FT) UNSC/Movement systems

On 19 Aug 2003 at 11:42, Matt Tope wrote:

> Is it best in practice to design vessels specifically for only
cinematic or
> only vector movement as appropiate?

That depends on what you play. If you mostly play just one movement
system then design for that movement system. If you play a mix of
both then either design ships that work in both or have two versions
of each design.

> Finally, would it be true to say that vector movement favours the
Kra'Vak
> more than humans/Phalons and the reverse for cinematic? (I'm not
trying to
> poke holes in the system, god forbid, just academic interest :-) )

The Kra'Vak have an advantage in cinematic. They can usually fly
rings round Human/Phalon fleets. In Vector the advantage of the
advanced drives is reduced.
On the other hand, KV ships have less wasted mass in Vector as they
don't have surplus extra arcs on their weapons.

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Re: (FT) UNSC/Movement systems