Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Current Status of HS 15mm Figs?

RE: UNSC

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:09:02 +0200
Subject: RE: UNSC

Matt Tope wrote:

>C stands for class, as in C2= class 2 beam.

Looks like the confusion is partly my fault, since I was the one who
introduced the "B" notation originally :-/

What you (Matt) describe is the notation we used to use here on the list

until Fleet Book 2 was published. Since FB2 introduced Class 1, 2, 3
etc.
K-guns in addition to the Class 1, 2, 3 etc. beam batteries, I began
denoting beam batteries with B for "Beam" instead, so "B2" means "class
2
Beam battery" (as opposed to eg. a K2, which is a class 2 K-gun); others

followed suit. The number of arcs can be listed after a hyphen, so a
3-arc
class 2 beam battery can be listed as a "B2-3".

***
As to your UNSC SDN design, well... I can't decide which movement system
it
is intended for. If it is intended for Cinematic movement, then I
wouldn't
expect the P-torps to get used very much unless it comes to a full stop
and
just spins in position (which however makes it a quite easy missile
target)
- indeed, if it were fighting me it'd probably only get one P-torp salvo

off, and that one would be at range 24-30. I'd very much prefer to drop
some weapons to give the remaining P-torps wider fire arcs.

If OTOH it is intended for Vector movement, then it doesn't really need
3
arcs for its B4s. Unless the enemy gets to very close range (12 or less,
at
which point your B2s and B1s kick in full force) you're pretty much
guaranteed to be able to rotate your ship to face a target, so I'd
replace
the 2x B4-3 with 3x B4-1 instead.

As for it being "over the top", it is smaller than the FSE Jeanne
d'Arc-class carriers from FB1 and less expensive (both in the NPV and
the
CPV systems) than the Phalon Voth- and Draath-class heavies from FB2...

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Current Status of HS 15mm Figs?