Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Re: UNSC

Re: UNSC

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:10:18 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 02:24:28PM +0100, Matt Tope wrote:

>A "possible/implausible" design for the UNSC Sol Class Extended Range
>Dreadnought

What's "extended range" about this design? (Not crucial, but it would be
nice to have a spot of cargo space.)

>NPV: 931 (if I got the price of the fighter bays right...)

That matches my calculation.

>2 screen generators (27mass)

Here I think we may have to argue. If this ship is fighting the Kra'Vak,
the screen generators are dead weight; you'd be a lot better off with 27
more hull boxes or some more weapons. OTOH, you may be intending this as
a pre- or post-XW1 design, in which case fair enough...

>4xPusle torp (Fore arc) (16 mass)

Again, K'V: with thrust 2, how often do you expect to get a single-arc
weapon into range?

>Unfortunately one thing led to another and I ended up producing the
above
>behemoth. Sorry. I have a feeling that I will be called before the UNSC
war
>crimes tribunal as a preemptive measure...

Search the archives for "DPR". (Clue: it's short for "DreadPlanet
Roberts". :-)

Cheers,

Roger

Prev: Re: Chickens Next: Re: UNSC