Prev: Re: DS-Battletech minis Next: Re: DS-Battletech minis

Re: DS-Battletech minis

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 01:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS-Battletech minis

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Doug Evans wrote:

> I saw the drop ship at Origins and GenCon, and was a bit underwhelmed.
> However, some prep and a fine paint job could certainly turn that
around.

Is this the ~$100 dropship that WizKids was promoting for their
clickyTech
as well?

> I WAS impressed enough with the McKenna and Avalon to pick up one of
each;
> VACC-HEAD TO THE END!

Pics? There don't seem to be any on the Ironwind site yet!

> The comment about the fantasy folk used for 'aliens' brough to mind
the
> Martians Bob Murch did for Space 1889. His Steppe folk were so
obviously
> drawn from his fantasy elves that, for the 15mm VSF I've in the works,
I'll
> probably use Battlesystem elves I've sitting on shelves forever.

I was thinking that these two looked convertible into SF aliens
(civilian
or not...)

http://member.ehostingbiz.com/ironwind/sc/viewproductdetail.asp?ProductI
D=68

Only the shield looks difficult to get rid of, and they're certainly
different! I've got 25mm skirmish scenery with several bars & cantinas
built in, so I've got to start aquiring interesting looking clientle for
these wretched hives of scum and villany!

Brian.

Prev: Re: DS-Battletech minis Next: Re: DS-Battletech minis