Prev: [FT] Full Thrust at Battlemasters 2003 Next: GZG-OLC New Additions and Special Offer

Re: miniature grunge

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:39:35 -0500
Subject: Re: miniature grunge

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:18:29 -0700 (PDT), Foxx Travis
<lordkalvin2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What exactly is this "corrosion"?
>
>And how do I remove it correctly?

Karl's message about it, with the link to the U.S. Navy's site, is more
than
you'll need to know.

The secret seems to be to excise the rotted area, and then promptly
paint the
figure. While they suggest at the navy site that water based paints
don't work
to eliminate lead rot (I'm going by memory; I seem to remember them
saying
something like that), I found that priming the figure with spray primer,
then
painting with acrylic paints, and then top coating them effectively
seals them
from the air. I have a couple of figures that had lead rot, but 10 years
later
they are still fine, encased in paint.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: [FT] Full Thrust at Battlemasters 2003 Next: GZG-OLC New Additions and Special Offer