Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Stargrunt Bunnies

Re: [FT] Fleet Book1 SSDs

From: "Neil McGurk" <Nellkyn@n...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:18:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet Book1 SSDs

Hello all,

----- Original Message -----
> > Neil McGurk wrote:
>
> >Is there anywhere I can find electronic copies of the SSD's from
> >Fleet Book 1?
>
> Note to everyone, not just Neil:
>
> I very much hope that you *can't* find the FB1 SSDs anywhere
on-line, since
> Jon explicitly asks everyone not to put them on-line for copyright
> purposes. (FB2 p.6, "A note on scanning and computer
> reproduction...")

>From my searching of the web I can be pretty certain that you can't
find them anywhere. Thanks for pointing out the reference in FB2.

> Putting SSDs for *your own* designs on-line is fine (eg. after using
> one of
> the various "ship bit" sets to create the SSDs which have been
> referred to
> in this thread), but please don't do it with the designs from FB1!

My aging brain cells had fooled me into thinking that they were
available but what I was really looking for and have now found was the
Fleet Book Reinforcements. This was a collection of all the SSD's of
the ships mentioned in Fleet Book 1 but not included.

They can be found at:-

http://www.star-ranger.com/SRStuff.htm

I'd just like to thank Star Ranger for having these on his site.

Finally, a big apology for asking for the SSD's. I was just being
lazy, no excuse.

Be lucky,

Neil McGurk