Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Re: (FT,SG) News Break

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 06:36:21 +0200
Subject: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

----- Original Message -----
From: "John C" <john1x@hotmail.com>

> >If you want to do modern conflicts, you have a bunch of stuff to add
or
> >change. Artillery accuracy is a biggie. For World War II, it's mostly
> >handling
>
> Well, see, I don't know if that would neccesarily be a *good*
thing....

> Sure, more accurate artillery would be more "realistic" (although it's
easy
> enough to PSB accuracy away in an SF game), but devastatingly accurate
> artillery strikes in SGII scale can just...suck..  Makes for a very
quick,
> and generally quite boring, game when Death From Above wipes out one
side
on
> turn two.

I think the deeper problem is not the accuracy of artillery, but the
excellent intelligence we have on the table-top. With modern weaponry,
anything you see, you can hit and kill (roughly). The problem is that a
dispersed and camouflaged enemy is almost invisible.

This is hard to reproduce on the tabletop, even with liberal use of
dummy
counters and other tricks.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break