Prev: Re: FT-sheilds Next: Re: FT-sheilds

Re: FT-sheilds

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:57:49 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-sheilds

On 18 Jul 2003 at 12:46, david smith wrote:

> What`s bugging me is the mass used for sheilds. A level 1 sheild is 5%
mass
> of the mounting ship, a level 2 10%. If a ship masses 90 mass, a level
1
> sheild is 5 mass, a level 2 9 mass. What is bugging me is that
wouldn`t
> twice the sheild have twice the mass? (IE, work out the sheild as 5%
ship
> mass times 2 instead of 10%?).

I'd look at it the other way round, why does half the shielding take
more than half the space? (After all it's the 5 mass that's been
rounded up).

The FT design system is quite abstract and doesn't concern itself
with what actually makes up the X mass of each of the components.

"Due to the power couplings on the Relly Good class Destroyer we'll
have to use the Mk 17a shield generator rather than the Mk 17b. Same
shield coverage but takes up more space."

	Steve
--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/gzg/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: FT-sheilds Next: Re: FT-sheilds