Prev: Re: Who is going to GenCon Indianapolis? Next: Re: What's wrong with SF?

Re: What's wrong with SF?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:31:31 -0500
Subject: Re: What's wrong with SF?

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:15:55 +0000, "John C" <john1x@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Most of the bad attitudes were coming from above, and had little or
nothing
>to do with the opinions of the general membership.  And things have
cnaged a
>great deal; I understand that the showcase game at Historicon this year
is
>going to be a series of battles from Tolkien's War of the Ring.

There seems to be a bit of noise coming from the more vocal "historicals
only!" people on rec.games.miniatures.historical about this, but it's
interesting to see just how many "die hard historical" players have
popped up
and defended the game. It doesn't hurt that the person putting it on is
well
known for doing elaborate, excellent looking games where everyone
involved
greatly enjoys themselves. I think he goes by "Duke Sauron" but he's one
of
those people where folks line up to get tickets to his events. It should
be
awesome. I wish I could go...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: Who is going to GenCon Indianapolis? Next: Re: What's wrong with SF?