Prev: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day Next: Re: Wargames Stores

Re: Wargames Stores

From: "Don Maddox" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:45:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Wargames Stores

Believe me, having wargaming stores in your area may not be all it's
cracked up to be.  I have 4 stores within a 40 or so mile drive of where
live.  Of these four stores, one is a Wizards of the Coast outlet, which
has
mostly turned into a Hasbro game and toy store.  The second store mostly
carries Games Workshop items, and will not let you use the store's
tables
for games that they don't sell.  The third store caters to the areas
historical gamers, who were "horrified" at the mere thought of playing a
SF
or fantasy based game.	The fourth store, which has a more balanced
approach, still only lets his gaming area be used for products he
carries or
can order, and has a stated preference for 25mm figures.  Oh, we do have
GW store in one of the malls also, but I don't count that store as
anything
useful.

It's sadly about the same here, we have three in the area and all of
them
are
members of the evil empire (GW) LOL.

This leaves me with only the gaming room in my house (yes I do have my
own
gaming room in my house, so I guess I am spoiled) that I can play GZG
games
in.  This is fine as it stands, but it makes it hard to attract new
players.
I guess we all have our own problems, and will just have to keep playing
through them.

Doing about the same, converted the garage. Then by word of mouth, I
recruit.....:)

Don

Prev: Re: [eBay] White Stars Price Problem + Last Day Next: Re: Wargames Stores