Prev: Re: Status on researching Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures Next: Re: Wargames Stores

Re: Wargames Stores

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:17:06 +0100
Subject: Re: Wargames Stores

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 10:16:10AM -0500, Allan Goodall wrote:

>Those of us on _this_ side of the pond can grumble, too. For one thing,
the
>vast majority of the U.K. is within a single day's drive. You just do
not get
>the single day game shows here in North America. Instead, you get big
shows in
>the summer that run several days. Even still, it usually has to be a
vacation
>trip (costing you lodging money, money to attend, money to get to the
location
>in the first place).

...BUT on the other hand, shows in the UK are mostly not actually about
gaming! It's true that at a big show like Salute there'll be some demo
games you can join, and I haven't been to the smaller events like
Bifrost; but most of Salute, and almost all of Colours, is a sales forum
not a gaming one. GZG-ECC was the first wargaming show I'd been to.

Roger

Prev: Re: Status on researching Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures Next: Re: Wargames Stores