Prev: Re: More IC questions Next: Re: Status on researching Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures

Status on researching Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:48:51 PDT
Subject: Status on researching Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures

From: "Glenn" <warbeads@juno.com>
To: Dirtside_2_Players_Guild@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Dirtside_2_Players_Guild] Re: 6 mm SF Infantry figures
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:25:06 -0000

--- In Dirtside_2_Players_Guild@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn"=20
<warbeads@j...> wrote:
<snip>=20
I=20
> was looking to diversify my grunts so I sent off inquiries to Adler=20
> (Dark star - 6 mm version of Denizon's 25 mm,) Scotia-Grendal,=20
Nav-War=20
> (H&R has SF!,) and Gladiator about their SF infantry figures.=20=20
Budget=20
> willing and minimum orders not too costly I will try and get some
of=20
> each and post to the list my observations.  Your evaluations would=20
be=20
> good to compare with mine when they arrive.=20=20
>=20

I thought I would let you know the status of my efforts so far in
this=20
matter:

I sent bill@navwar.freeserve.co.uk a follow up since I had not heard=20
from them today (July 9) after sending my inquiery about 3 specific=20
packs (GM1, GM5, GM7) on July 2.  Hopefully they were just busy with=20
"real life" or vacations and will contact me shortly.

Gladiator games sent me a reply as follows:

"...Dear Glenn
Thank you for your enquiry.
Sorry there are no pictures of the SF inf on the web site - it is=20
something
I have been meaning to sort for ages but never seem to have the time.
I am not currently aware of another site with pictures.
** Light inf look like standard  modern infantry in long coats.
** Heavy infantry have some body armour on.
** Marines - your typical all power armoured  warriors.
Payment by Visa is fine.
We can allways work out a deal on the SF figures for US direct.
Yours Bill..."

So, I have to make a decision now what to order for examination (and=20
report to the list(s) I frequent.)  I am thinking the Heavy Infantry=20
as a minimum, the Marines probably and 'maybe' the Light Infantry.  I=20
will let you (and them) know what I choose.  If anyone wants to=20
suggest preferences I will certainly listen.

Adlermin (Dark Star):

I received and responded to the following e-mail (my response is on=20
top):"...I appreciate that.  Waiting for your e-mail with amount and=20
account to send money to for these.  Looking forward to seeing them=20
since there has been some discussion on the miniatures related lists
I=20
frequent.

Gracias,
Glenn