Prev: Re: [OT] Closing replies Re: Happy Birthday, USA Next: Re: [OT] Closing replies Re: Happy Birthday, USA

Re: "mini-campaign" scenarios?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (kh.ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:45:47 +0200
Subject: Re: "mini-campaign" scenarios?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Maddox" <dmaddox1@hot.rr.com>

> I'm thinking specifically about "The Lone Grey Wolf"
> scenario.  A lone dreadnaught, 600 parsecs deep in
> enemy territory, low on fuel, is trying to sneak
> back to safety.
>
> I've played that one under SFB system, it would
> be tricky to change over to FT give the speed of
> play that Mr Tuffley's game has over SFB.
>
> That being said It's doable if there is a "chance"
>  you can out run your opponents. To do this
> the map/table edge has to be fixed. I don't think
> you'd stand a chance with a rolling map. Once
> you leave the table edge contact is lost.

> Otherwise
> with a rolling map once your position is known
> what's to your opponent from jumping in to set up
> an ambush.

This assumes that you have FTL communications that allow the pursuers to
jump in close to the defender. Long-range FTL communications is not
normally
part of the Tuffleyverse. You need courier boats.

A way around the problem would be that jump-in points have to be defined
several rounds in advance.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [OT] Closing replies Re: Happy Birthday, USA Next: Re: [OT] Closing replies Re: Happy Birthday, USA