Prev: Re: Another SGII scenario idea Space Rangers Next: Re: [FT] Contents of the "FT-PAK-1" starter pack?

Re: Another SGII scenario idea Space Rangers

From: "Don Maddox" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:11:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Another SGII scenario idea Space Rangers

Doug,

Oh, no problem, especially at the FMA level. Definitely fun and
wisecracking all the way, though. ;->=

I see all sort of possibilities on the FMA side and using the Rangers
as a plug in element/comic relief  in a SGII game.

My recollection was that they only showed four episodes originally.
Quirky
and rough in spots, painfully cliche' in others, it had many
possibilities
that were sadly unrealized. True of too many shows that never had a
chance
to get started.

Much the same story with Firefly, you have to let these things find
their
audience. I think the only reason Stargate is around still is it started
out
on pay cable and then went to general TV. Oh well the "suits"
rule......(

Interestingly, I thought it was close to the best role I've seen for
Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

Yeah loved the whole Draka concept. Although I liked him
as the evil general on "Bridge Of Dragons" too.

Actually, the only complaint this ole vacc-head has was the little I
remember in the way of space battles. Neat looking ship, but I don't
remember it doing much beyond ferrying the 'posse' to the 'scene of the
crime...'

There was one fire fight with the "Banshees" that was more like  B-17
gunners defending against fighters than anything remotely FT like.

Damn, I'll have to borrow the tapes from a friend again... ;->=

Yeah I blew the dust of the cases last night and watched one and,
as Thursday night TV sucks .......putting in another.....)

Don

Prev: Re: Another SGII scenario idea Space Rangers Next: Re: [FT] Contents of the "FT-PAK-1" starter pack?