Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe...

Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 15:01:27 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

Hi,

>I really can't see how giving the command squad _more_ actions, one of
which
>_must_ be a transfer is going to solve the "commander in the corner"
problem.

Wasn't Yves' idea to have one extra action for the command squad, and
the
requirement was that one of which must *not* be a transfer...?

Or did I misread what he posted originally?

I thought his point was to give the command squad an extra action that
must
be used for moving or shooting or whatever (that couldn't be used for
transferring) thereby giving them the opportunity to be more mobile...

>Variation 4: any of the above, but include an additional +1 to the die
roll if
>the unit receiving the Transfer is out of Line-of-Sight of the command
unit.

I tend toward the "everyone has in-helmet-heads-up-display with info
feed
from dozens of sensors, personal video cameras, satellites, micro-uav's,
etc" image of infantry combat in the SG-verse, so being out of
line-of-sight isn't such a big deal.  But that's a flavour thing
really...

Good ideas as usual Allan!

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Re: (DS) DLD 6mm vehicles? Maybe...