Prev: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!

Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:47:14 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to?

Andreas Udby wrote:

>I like to convert my own vehicles for gaming use.  With all you
Stargrunters
>excited about 15mm, would any of you know what scale models most
closely
>resemble 15mm?  Is that like 1/72, 1/60, etc.?

The consensus seems to be that 15mm is nominally 1/100th. The nearest
vehicle kits to that scale are Roco's 1/87th minitanks (although these
are true kits in that they consist of a small number of parts and come
assembled) which a number of listers have converted for use (including
me, before I started making my own 15mm). Alternatively, 1/76th or
1/72nd vehicles offer a huge range of possibilities - metal 15mm figures

look fine up against these scales.

Tony

Prev: Re: [OT] What modeling scale does 15mm translate to? Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] 15mm NEWS!!!