Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Alien formations for SG 2 questions.

Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:39:05 -0500
Subject: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:46:46 -0400, Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@abacom.com>
wrote:

>I had read your house rule but found
>that it might not be enough for this scenario.

For Hardtack, the Civil War rules that I created as a "plug-in" for SG2
(I'm
currently working on divorcing them entirely from SG2 and making them a
stand-alone game), I let the commander lead by example and move with a
regiment as it moved. (Long story as to how a whole regiment moves...).
You
could allow a command unit to move with another squad nearby for free,
and
still do other actions.

Or, you could let a command squad do a Communicate Action while moving,
but
slow the squad by shifting its movement die down one (it is busy, after
all).

This is a flaw in the SG2 rules: movement doesn't allow you to do
anything
else. It shows up a great deal with vehicles. If you do a vehicle only
game, a
commander can't transfer an action and move for two actions even though
the
vehicle has a dedicated driver? A vehicle can't fire a machine gun and
spend
two actions moving? This is definitely an area that has room for house
rules.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: SG2 Platoon leader casualties Next: Alien formations for SG 2 questions.