Prev: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

From: "Don Maddox" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:17:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

I have playtested house rules where GMS could fire at PA as if they were
size
1 point targets, and that worked out rather well. Also, given some
things
that
happened in Gulf War II, it looks like -- realistically -- you can use
GMS
against infantry.

I would tend to agree with that however I would down grade it's
effectiveness
on standard infantry. I see it like this, the best possible result your
hoping for
is a suppression.........because if your firing a GMS at an infantry
squad
you have
no other options open to you....)

To "Me" PA should be considered as viable a target as say a jeep would
be
for using a GMS. After all which one can hurt you worse....) The reality
being
today if I see a huge guy shaped thing tarring through a friendly squad
and
heading
my way...It's going to eat a TOW. I'll sort through the Geneva niceties
afterwards...)

What you really need to do is to treat GMS as an area effect weapon.
Let's
face it, you're not going to fire a missile into a single figure's guts
but
into the squad's area. So, try this for option 3): nominate a point
where
you
want the GMS to hit, roll Quality Die + Guidance Die versus D4 to hit
that
piece of terrain. If you hit, treat the weapon as Impact D8 for all
targets
within a 3" burst diameter, just as though it were a small artillery
piece.
If
the missile misses, deviate the shot as per the on-table artillery rules
(D12
deviation direction, D8 deviation distance).

I like the above idea.....it's workable.

Prev: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?