Prev: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:55:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:29:48 -0400, Thomas Pope
<tpope@exchange.cs.cmu.edu>
wrote:

>That makes sense to me.  So if firing against an individual, I assume
you
>simply discard any casualties past the first but take suppression as
normal?

Nope. Chris (Laserlight) and I playtested this last year. What we did
was
treated the PA as a point target with class 1 armour (D12) all around.
Light
PA, though, would have D10 armour.

If the PA was hit, a minor hit had the GMS rolling it's base impact and
if it
was a major hit it rolled twice it's base impact, as though the PA was a
small
vehicle. I don't know if I gave die shifts up for cover or IP status,
but I
don't think I did. At any rate, I don't think it was that necessary.
Yes,
firing a GMS/L or H is going to make PA go "poof" real easy. But since a
launcher only has 3 or 4 shots, you'd better hope that all you had to
deal
with was a single squad of PA with those missiles...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"The only normal people are the ones you don't know
well!" - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry? Next: Re: [SG2] GMS/P against infantry?