Prev: Re: Miniature bases Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust

Re: Miniature bases

From: "Don Maddox" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:00:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Miniature bases

I did up a fleet for John Atkinson a while back. I used conventional
bases that came with the miniatures. After one road trip allot of these
had to be repaired (per normal). In the midst of these repairs I came
up with a variation of Star Ranger's method. I use a 3/4 inch block
of ply wood with a normal 10 penny nail as the flight stand with a metal
washer added to the top. I then used self adhesive magnetic strip on
the mini with two small beads of epoxy resin glue (that take for ever to
bond but once dry is pretty tough and the self adhesive holds till that
is
set)
The nice thing for all the vector types out there is you can add a
directional
arrow on the base and the model can be turned and the arrow is the
vector
line. The best thing though, is in transport your minis and flight
stands
are
stored separately.

Don

Prev: Re: Miniature bases Next: Re: Solitaire Full Thrust