Prev: Re: FSE Next: Re: FSE

RE: FSE

From: Michael Brown <mwbrown@s...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:30:15 -0700
Subject: RE: FSE

Take a look at current US/NATO TO&E for small units.  Design your units
around
the average/ Joe Normal squad and upgrade/downgrade for the scenario.
Elite
units should be few and far between, unless your story-line can justify
it.

Most platoons have a HQ team (4-6) and 3-4 squads (6-10).  Fewer squads
make
fire and maneuver difficult.  More make command and control difficult.

At the Company level (usually the highest for SG) add another HQ section
and a
weapons/support platoon.

Weapons and vehicles should be standardized at this level, with some
variations
for special missions (scenario dependant).

HTH

Michael Brown