Prev: Re: DS: City block WIP Next: Re: DS: City block WIP

Re: DS: City block WIP

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:45:51 +0100
Subject: Re: DS: City block WIP

Robin Fitton wrote:

>Doug,
>
>I used exterior wall paint sandtex (fine mix) on the roads. It has two
>purposes, firstly it gives you a very fine texture and secondly
plasticard
>is inert and difficult to glue together, the layer of sandtex helps
bond the
>plasticard together when glued.
>
>At the moment I am simply dry-brushing up with a lighter grey on the
>sidewalk. I am also painting darker grey areas onto the larger 18x18cm
>squares to give the impression of smaller access roads.
>
>Should have some pictures of the results next week.

This stuff makes fantastic roads :

http://www.mgsharp.com/R_Scenes_HO.htm

It would be a little wide for 1/300th / 6mm, but you could buy the
standard width stuff and trim half-an-inch off each edge. I'm in the
process of putting together some 15mm scenery for a demo' game at
Bifrost next month and I'm using it for all of the roads - stuck to 2mm
MDF it looks really good. You can also buy unmarked lengths and larger
areas for squares, open areas etc.

Tony

Prev: Re: DS: City block WIP Next: Re: DS: City block WIP