Prev: FMA Thrust 0.5 Next: RE: FMA Thrust 0.5

Re: FMA Thrust 0.5

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:39:59 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Thrust 0.5

Brendan said:
> Quality Die: 2 x (Turning ability + 1/2 thrust) ???

Well, the simple way to do it is "2xThrust= die type" but that
shortchanges the KV's advanced drive, so I had to split turning from
total thrust.  I made it 1/2 thrust because turn-1 is more important
(IMHO) than thrust-1

> Firepower Die: (Points Cost of Direct Fire Weapons / 40)
> Each damage type (Beam, Pulsetorp/Railgun) is a separate weapon
system.

Ah, good idea.

> Range Die
>
> 0-6": d4
> 7-12": d6
> 13-18": d8
> 19-24": d10
> 25-36": d12

that last one is a 12" instead of the 6" of all the others.  I'd be
happier with 30-36 = d12+1 (or d14, if you're afflicted with a mania
for bizarre dice) .

> Combat Method:
> Q + FP vs Range + Screen
> Highest roll wins; determine hits based on higher of Range or Screen
die type.

screen really should be an upshift to range, though, shouldn't it?  Or
better, a downshift to the Beam impact roll.

And this way you don't have to go through the add, subtract, divide to
determine damage, which is good.  Good input.

Prev: FMA Thrust 0.5 Next: RE: FMA Thrust 0.5