Prev: Re: Power Projection:Escort - Coolness Next: Re: Star Wars capital ships in resin

RE: Power Projection:Escort - Coolness

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@w...>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 19:51:41 -0500
Subject: RE: Power Projection:Escort - Coolness

To answer your questions in order:

Dominic informed us that due to real life events, the release of PP:
Fleets
would be delayed several months.  I think he said he was still shooting
for
June or July release.

As for miniatures... sigh...  No.  There was a movement a few months
back to
try to get a new line of Traveller minis started.  However the project
died
horribly when Marc Miller asked a little too much for a licensing fee
than
the guys running it could afford.  Besides, the ships where mainly going
be PC ships (scouts, far traders, smaller escorts) rather than any sort
of
capital ships.

Personally, I like the new ship designs.  Having looked at the ships
illustrations in "Brilliant Lances" and other Traveller-related
supplements,
I think that many of the ships are need of a serious "update."

There is a Power Projection discussion group on Yahoo groups.  Go to
groups.yahoo.com and run a search of either "Traveller",  "Full Thrust"
or
"Power Projection" and you should find it.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert