Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

Re: [OT] Update JohnA

From: SKEITH439@a...
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:04:14 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

You are exactly right. Airborne operations are very dangerous, however
the
grunt who stays in for months on end faces a far more vicious cycle. The

Airborne forces one disadvantage is there is no retreat. I read an
account of
Market Garden. It was over and some of the British Paras were standing
by the
side of the after escaping across the river. As soldiers from one of the

British Infantry Divisions were walking by the para asked where the hell
they
had been? The Infantry soldiers reply was fighting for the last four
months.
Where have you been? It was great to see you all take up for John. I
ment
nothing negative toward John or anyone else on the board. After reading
what
I had wrote I realized my mistake. I apologize and know that John will
give
me my due when he returns to the board. Thank you all.

Prev: Re: [OT] Update JohnA Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA