Prev: Re: [DSII] CAV Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602 Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

Re: [OT] Update JohnA

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:51:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Update JohnA

At 10:23 AM -0400 5/15/03, Flak Magnet wrote:
>On Wed May 14 2003 04:36 pm, Ryan M Gill wrote:
>>  At 4:07 PM -0400 5/14/03, Flak Magnet wrote:
>+++SNIP+++
>>  start. Airborne units can be very fragile things. To think of them
as
>>  just as combat capable as a Mechanized Ground force ignores many key
>>  points in their usage and especially their disadvantages.
>
>Short version:  Airbornes don't have the "staying power" of line units,
and
>shouldn't be expected to.  It's not their role.

BAsically what I'm saying. They also don't have the tactical mobility
over great distances that a mechanized unit does. They're cheaper on
logistics though.

So, the basic conclusion I have for this is that a Puking Chicken
trooper should be just as respectful of the 4ID grunt who's helped
his team change the tracks on his Bradley in the muddy field as the
4th ID trooper is of the Airborne trooper who's jumped out of some
planes and earned his wings.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DSII] CAV Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1602 Next: Re: [OT] Update JohnA