Prev: RE: [OT] Semantics Re: [Power Projection] Review Next: PP:E availability from GZG (was: Re: [Power Projection] Review)

RE: Full Thrust--Klingon stasis field projector

From: "Mark & Staci Drake" <markandstaci@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:21:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Full Thrust--Klingon stasis field projector

Hi all,
    As a new "vachead"--meaning I just got hold of all 4 Full Thrust
books--I am currently reading over the basic weapons sections of FT
book.
Reading about some of the ship's weapons jarred my memory,as follows.

   I remember one of my favorite cartoons as a kid was the Star Trek
cartoons on Saturday mornings,which I saw in re-runs briefly @ 8 years
ago.
One unique weapon I remember seeing was a Klingon stasis field
projector,carried/used by a standard Klingon D7 cruiser.When fired,any
ship
hit by the stasis field projector stopped instantly--the only
drawback,IIRC
, was the power drain was so enormous that the Klingon ship was
virtually
immobilized also.Anyone else remember this?

  My question is how would this be modelled in FT?

Checked Noam's Weapons and Defences Archives and closest thing I could
find
was the Bobbler/Stasis Projector--is this the same thing?

Thanks,
Mark Drake