Prev: RE: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: RE: Jumping into Hyperspace.....

Intro: Michael Shaffer

From: "Michael W. Shaffer" <michael@t...>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 15:35:36 -0500
Subject: Intro: Michael Shaffer

On 2003/05/05 2:28 PM, "devans@nebraska.edu" <devans@nebraska.edu>
wrote:

> Welcome, Michael!

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm a relatively experienced wargamer,
just
haven't used miniatures, except for the occasional D&D game.  Reading
different rules sets isn't a big deal.	Playing the game is the thing,
of
course.

Normally I post a few paragraphs to introduce myself before I start
posting
in a mailing list.  Here goes:

I live in Plano, Texas, USA, a city just north of Dallas.  Plano and
Dallas
border each other, and are part of what is known here as the Dallas/Ft.
Worth Metroplex, which is Dallas, Fort Worth, and the surrounding
cities.
I've lived here for almost two years, previously living in Dover, New
Hampshire for a little over 15 years.

I am not very experienced with miniatures wargaming.  My experience is
with
boardgame wargames, mostly from Avalon Hill since the early 80's. As I
said
before, I got a copy of FTII, More Thrust, and DSII from my brother.
After
looking them over, I ordered Fleet Books I and II and StarGrunt, which
just
came yesterday. Now I have more things to look at!

Regards,
--
Michael Shaffer | michael(at)theshaffers(dot)org
Yahoo:	pookey_shaffer

Prev: RE: More Hammer's Slammers news Next: RE: Jumping into Hyperspace.....