Prev: Re: CAV Next: Re: Software Projects

Re: Software Projects

From: Dominic Mooney <dom@c...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:10:32 +0100
Subject: Re: Software Projects

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 11:33 Europe/London, Jon Davis wrote:

> One of the Power Projection developers sent me a PDF file draft set of
> rules for me to look over a few months ago.  PP has its own unique
> feel,
> but one of the objectives of FTJava was to permit the use of new
> weapons, game mechanics, etc. to handle a variety of variant gaming
> systems.  A PP "plugin" is feasible, but non-trivial.

That would be me. From a BITS perspective, we're also interested in
seeing FTJava support PP, but we've not really got much time at the
moment (for some reason people keep on asking us to finish the capital
ship rules ;-) soon..).

> One way for you to help would be in the area of Traveller ship GIFs
> or PNGs.

Jon - would you be after specific ships (individual artwork) or generic
counters for classes (eg DDs etc)?

Cheers,

Dom

--------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com--------
"Even in the most depressing dystopia,
there's still the notion that the future is
something we build. It doesn't just happen.
You can't predict the future, but you can
invent it. Build it." Niven/Pournelle/Flynn

Prev: Re: CAV Next: Re: Software Projects