Prev: Re: Software Projects Next: Re: When Dolphins use seeds.

RE: When Dolphins use seeds.

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 17:17:41 +1000
Subject: RE: When Dolphins use seeds.

G'day,

> Perhaps a beach palm could drop similar large seeds into the
> sea, which the  dolphins initially played with.
> Eventually the dolphins might evolve to use
> the seeds as wheels?

More likely they'd figure out how to utilise them for wheels rather than
evolve a symbiotic relationship, but the general idea  has potential.

> Seaweed being used as Camo on their
> midnight land raids?

Not so weird dolphins already grab objects from their environment to
break
up their outline when "trying to be something else" while playing or
hunting
in shallow or complex environments.

> What sort  of Camo would a dolphin use?

I take it you mean out of the water as many dolphins already have
colouring
which = cam in water. If they develop any decent tech level they'd be
right
on to radar cam/stealth. Visually they'd be cued on to shapes and dull
light
conditions. Colour wise they're likely to mess stuff up as they
definitely
miss on red and if some work out of Germany holds for all seals/whales
then
they miss blue as well as they only have green cones. So the colours
might
not fool humans... be interesting to see how they go with the KV (which
many
people have proposed have a different set of colour vision to humans).

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Software Projects Next: Re: When Dolphins use seeds.