Prev: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure Next: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

From: Matteo Martegani <gasindius@i...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:46:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Looking for a particular 1/300 - 1/285 - 6 mm figure

Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@juno.com>, wrote:
>Okay, this is more strangeness, I am looking for ideas for a CBR
(Counter
>Battery radar) vehicle to go with my old/low tech PHR guys (So
>rip-offs... I mean inspired by designs... from Modern or even WW2
>vehicles are suitable.  Tracked is preferred but Wheeled might do.

It happens I just kitbashed some interesting vehicles: a counter battery

radar vehicle, a tactical operation center and a zone air defence
vehicle.

The base hull for all three is GZG Aurora light wheeled APC (DF-C07),
there's
a picture of it on GZG catalogue, page 31. Bits and pieces are leftovers
from
old aircraft model kits, two hellfire launchers from a 1:300 Apache and
thin
cardboard.

The fast way: find a vehicle you like with a wide flat top or a separate

turret. Stick a stick on the top, it's the radar support. Find something
that
already resembles a radar or cut, bend and fold a piece of plastic card
or
cardboard until it has the right shape and glue it to the support.
Prime,
paint, play.

Ciao,
   Matteo